Wilson Community Improvement Association, Inc. (WCIA)
Housing Counseling Services:
- Pre-Purchase Counseling: The purpose of Pre-purchase counseling is to determine clients needs or problems that could prevent or delay clients from purchasing a home based on a financial analysis performed by the counselor to determine the client financial capacity. WCIA Prepurchase Housing Application. Submit form using Contact Us page.
- Pre-Purchase Homebuyer Education Workshop: WCIA certified housing counselors will assist clients in determining if achieving the American Dream of the homeownership is affordable; analyze client credit report and create a budget. Counselor creates an action plan as a tool for clients to achieve their goal of homeownership. Counselor will assist them with the selection of mortgage lenders and products that fit their borrowing need.
- Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling: WCIA offer one-on-one counseling design to assist homeowners with resolving their mortgage delinquency and/or prevent foreclosure. WCIA counselors work closely with the homeowner to create a budget and a measureable action plan for the homeowner. Counselor discusses homeowner financials and the different foreclosure prevention options for the homeowner. Counselor also reviews the homeowner original loan documents for mortgage scam.Foreclosure Prevention Application. Submit form using Contact Us page.
- Resolving/Preventing Mortgage Delinquency Workshops: From time to time WCIA conducts mortgage delinquency workshops for homeowners who are seeking assistance in resolving their mortgage default. The workshop is an information session for counselor to share foreclosure prevention information with the homeowner to prevent foreclosure. Counselor also reviews the homeowner original loan documents for mortgage scam. The session also gives the homeowner the opportunity to get answers to questions and/or concerns. To learn more about the NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund Click Here. To see if you are eligible to apply, please contact Kashunda Barnes at 252-243-4855 ext 205
- Financial Management/Budget Counseling: WCIA assist clients with financial management and budget counseling in partnership the local DSS and other agencies. Clients are enrolled in 21 hour Financial Literacy curriculum. The course covers budgeting, rebuilding credit, banking, mortgages, and homeowner responsibilities.
- Rental Counseling: Consist of counselor reviewing credit report, creating action plan, monthly budget, and assist with locating and securing affordable rental unit.
- Fair Housing Workshop: WCIA, City of Wilson, Wilson Human Relation Office and other agencies come together each year to present a Free Fair Housing Workshop. The workshop topics include Landlord-Tenant Law, Foreclosure Prevention Tools, Home Inspection, and Homeownership.
- Non-delinquency Post Purchase Counseling: WCIA offers counseling to homeowners who are not delinquent on their mortgage. Counseling consists of creating action plan, budget and information on programs that will allow them to remain in their home. Counselor also reviews the homeowner’s original loan documents for mortgage scam.